Pasquale Ciarletta, PhD, MScME
- Tumour modeling and simulation
- Multiscale soft tissue biomechanics
- Finite viscoelasticity
- Growth and morphogenesis in living tissues
- Tissue aging and remodeling
- Experimental determination and modeling of residual stresses in biological tissues
- FEM simulations in medical robotics
- Simulations FEM en robotique médicale
- Marie Curie IEF Grant, 2007-2009, LPS, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France
- Post-doc, 2006-2007, CRIM Laboratory, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Pisa, Italy
- Fulbright Visitor Scholar, 2004-2005, Surgical Skill Center, University of
California, San Francisco (UCSF)
- PhD in Bioengineering (Magna cum Laude), Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Pisa, Italy
Thesis:" Multiscale analysis of soft tissue biomechanics for applications in medical robotics"
Prize "Paolo Durst" of Gruppo Nazionale di Bioingegneria (GNB)
"Swelling instability of surface-attached gels as a model of soft tissue growth under geometric constraints"
M. Ben Amar and P. Ciarletta
Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, (2010) sous presse .
"Continuum model of epithelial morphogenesis during C. elegans embryonic elongation"
P. Ciarletta, M. Ben Amar and M. Labouesse
Philosophical Transactions the Royal Society A, 367 (2009) 3379-3400 .
"A finite dissipative theory of temporary interfibrillar bridges in the extra-cellular matrix of ligaments and tendons"
P. Ciarletta and M. Ben Amar
Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 6 (2009) 909-924 .
"Morphogenesis of thin hyperelastic plates : a constitutive theory of biological growth in the Foppl-von Karman limit"
Dervaux J., Ciarletta P. and Ben Amar M.
Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids, 57 (2009) 458.
"Hyperelastic model of anisotropic fiber reinforcements within intestinal walls for applications in medical robotics"
Ciarletta P., Tendick F., Micera S. and Dario P.,
International Journal of Robotics Research, Special Issue : Medical Robotics (Eds :
Desai, J. and Ayache, N.), 28(10) (2009) 1279-1288.
"Pseudo-hyperelastic model of tendon hysteresis from adaptive recruitment of collagen type I fibrils"
Ciarletta P., Micera S. and Dario P.,
29(6): 764-770, 2008 .
"A novel microstructural approach in tendon viscoelastic modelling at the fibrillar level"
Ciarletta P., Micera S., Accoto D. and Dario P.,
Journal of Biomechanics 39(11), 2034-2042, 2006.
"Modelling and experimental validation of the locomotion of endoscopic robots in the colon"
Dario P., Ciarletta P., Menciassi A. and Kim B.,
International Journal of Robotics Research, 23 (4-5), pp. 549-556, 2004.
Experimental Robotics VIII
B. Siciliano and P. Dario (Eds.),
Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany , STAR 5, pp. 445-45", 2003.